History of the Hall of Fame
The Electronics Industry Hall of Fame (EIHOF) was established in 1969 in Nebraska by members of the National Electronic Associations Inc. (NEA). The purpose was to honor individuals who made outstanding contributions to the electronics industry, or who served as inspiring examples for others to follow.
NEA became the National Electronics Service Dealers Association (NESDA) in 1973. In 1985, NESDA went on to assimilate the National Association of Television & Electronics Servicers of America (NATESA), thus becoming the nation’s premier voice of independent electronic service dealers.
After being nurtured by NESDA for 14 years, the Hall of Fame was established in 1983 as an independent non-profit corporation, first in Texas, and then in New York.
In 2002, the program was reinstated as a function of NESDA in Fort Worth TX.
The Hall of Fame is made up of six divisions:
New divisions may be created, as needed, by the EIHOF Board of Directors.
Candidates for induction into the
Electronics Industry Hall of Fame will have one or more of the following accomplishments:
2. Significantly contributed to the development of our industry for the benefit of mankind
3. Significantly contributed to the improvement of conditions in the industry
4. Substantially upgraded the status of his or her segment of the electronics industry, or the industry as a whole
5. Through long, distinguished, and dedicated service, helped to promote and upgrade the electronics industry
6. Demonstrated a helpful interest in his or her fellow man through positive activities as a representative of the industry
One of the functions of the Hall of Fame is to select and honor new members through a process that encompasses the entire appliance, computer, and consumer-electronics industry.
Members: NESDA Service Industry Hall of Fame Trade Association Leader Division
Richard Ambrose (VA), 19
Other electronics industry association or communications people inducted are:
Hugo Gernsback, 1884-1967
SCIENTISTS, INVENTORS & ENGINEERS
Dr. Ernst F. W. Alexanderson 1878-1975
Administered by NESDA, the National Electronics Service Dealers Association
3608 Pershing Ave., Fort Worth, TX 76107-4527 | 817-921-9061